[Netkit.users] Creating a custom root_fs

Massimo Rimondini rimondin a dia.uniroma3.it
Gio 11 Ott 2007 22:43:57 CEST

Dear Saverio,

nice to hear that you made it.

The old kernel panics with the new filesystem possibly because of the lack
of support for thread local storage, which system libraries in the new
filesystem most likely attempt to enable.
Had you performed a test with --verbose and --con0=this, you probably would
get an error similar to this one:
cannot set up thread-local storage: set_thread_area failed when setting up
thread-local storage

Regards,
Massimo.