[Netkit.users] Creating a custom root_fs

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) zioproto a gmail.com
Gio 11 Ott 2007 23:10:12 CEST

Thanks.

I'm writing some docs here:
https://minerva.netgroup.uniroma2.it/discreet/wiki/GentooNetkit

I constantly upgrading this wiki while I make my tries.
I hope it will end up to be a useful piece of documentation for gentoo users :)

Now i noticed that my root_fs image boots just of passed with -m option.

If I make a symbolic link to the default netkit-fs the kernel does not
find the /dev/ubda device I have set in the fstab !

Also, I used a old kernel I had compiled months ago... now the kernel
headers changed and I have some trouble compiling for the um arch.

Is there a way to compile using the headers in /usr/src/linux/include
and not with the headers from the host distribution ?

thanks for the hints :)

Saverio Proto