[Netkit.users] TorLab: netkit lab with Tor anonymous routing

Csaba Kiraly kiraly a dit.unitn.it
Mar 6 Nov 2007 01:00:26 CET

Dear Massimo,

The instructions for "upgrading" the filesystem are already available.
Actually, I was preparing it based on your FAQ:
http://minerva.netgroup.uniroma2.it/discreet/wiki/TorLabInstallFs

However, I was making the filesystems available for two reasons:

1, as far as I have understood, you need root privileges to connect the
VM (running directly the base filesystem) to the external network, which
is a precondition for having an easy install of debian packages inside
the VM. This makes install a bit cumbersome for users without the right
privileges

2, users are not just without root rights, but even lazy .... so I have
the filesystem already prepared for them. Otherwise, Tor installation is
simple ;)

If you can't host the filesystem, we can have the instructions included
with an external link to the pre-prepared FS for convenience. I can also
prepare some slides that explain the lab in more detail.

Another issue I had is related to the UML kernel version, but I think I
start another thread with the right title for that tomorrow... if it was
already discussed in detail, please let me know.

Thanks for the quick response, and of course for the great Netkit tool!
Csaba