[Netkit.users] IPv6 Quagga routing deamons RIPng/OSPFv6

Costa >> rui.rcosta at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 15:34:47 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Has anyone used/tested IPv6 routing on netkit using the embedded
Quagga routing deamons of the IPv6 routing protocols RIPng/OSPFv6?

>From my (very limited) experience with netkit routing in IPv4 both RIP
and OSPF work fine, but in IPv6, both RIPng and OSPFv6 don't seem
to work properly. I don't get any routes on the kernel ipv6 tables and
ipv6 messages are not forwarded.

I can see protocol signalling messages (hello messages, etc...) in the
virtual machine's networks if I do a tcpdump.
If I do a telnet to the correspondent quagga deamon I can see that the
routing tables of the protocols themselves are ok. But somehow the
routing rules don't seem to be put in the kernel routing tables, because
a dump of the tables only shows directly connected networks.
Any ideas on what is causing this?

Best Regards,
Rui Costa