[Netkit.users] IPv6 Quagga routing deamons RIPng/OSPFv6

Massimo Rimondini rimondin at dia.uniroma3.it
Mon Sep 19 15:46:43 CEST 2011

Dear Rui,

unfortunately, this issue has been very recently reported (see here: https://github.com/maxonthegit/netkit-uml-filesystem/issues/8).

In a previous email of mine, not appeared on the mailing list, I have diagnosed the following:

> According to the logs, Zebra is unable to insert a new route into the FIB:
>
>> netlink-cmd error: invalid argument, type=RTM_NEWROUTE (24), seq=6, pid=0
>
> Failure to do so is confirmed by Zebra not marking the route as a FIB route (missing '*'):
>
>> O>  2001:690:866:300::/64 [110/1] via fe80::200:ff:fe00:3, eth1, 00:04:32
>
> I have just tried with an upgraded version of Quagga from the Debian repository (0.99.18) and it seems to work fine.

To some extent, this seems to be related with this report: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/quagga/dev/19226 (and there are other similar ones regarding blackhole routes too).

For the moment there seems to be no better workaround than upgrading Quagga in the Netkit filesystem.

Regards,
Massimo