[Netkit.users] Connection tracking in netkit

Massimo Rimondini rimondin at dia.uniroma3.it
Wed Mar 24 12:50:13 CET 2010

Dear Marco,

yes, you are right: I can see this happening on a small sample lab.
The conntrack table is apparently empty, even though the network
operation is correct and confirms that something is expected to be
observed in the table. /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_count also
reads 0.

Looks as if you have come across what resembles a kernel bug, although I
could not find any other traces of users signaling a similar issue.
Things being such, I'm afraid the most concrete suggestion to circumvent
the problem would be to compile a different kernel. Instructions are
provided in the kernel README file, which is also available here:
http://wiki.netkit.org/download/netkit-kernel/README.

Sorry for this annoying inconvenience.

Regards,
Massimo.