[Netkit.users] Connection tracking in netkit

Marco listaddr at katamail.com
Tue Mar 23 20:43:10 CET 2010

Hi,

I've noticed that support for netfilter connection tracking in the netkit
kernel 2.6.26.5-netkit-K2.8 seems to be incomplete (for lack of a better
term). What I mean is that of all the connections going on on the virtual
machine, only some are shown in /proc/net/nf_conntrack; in particular, ICMP
connections are never shown (whereas they do show up in other normal Linux
systems I tried).
Ii seems all the relevant options (nf_conntrack, nf_conntrack_ipv4) are
compiled in the kernel. However, I can observe the above behavior
consistently. I'm not sure where to look next. I'm using the standard
filesystem (netkit-fs-i386-F5.1).

Thank you
Marco