[Netkit.users] OpenWRT UML integrated into Netkit - Live

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) zioproto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 21:31:12 CET 2009

I'm at the CCC Congress 26C3 with OpenWRT developers.

I want to show them Netkit working with OpenWRT, so I started over on
a Virtual Machine inside Virtual Box where I installed a fresh Ubuntu
9.10 i386.

Massimo this time everything works, no weird problems with tap
interfaces, and I managed to compile for UML the 8.09.1 stable version
of OpenWRT.

Now the problem is I want to set up a lab, but to launch a single
machine I have a command like that looks like this:

vstart test -M 32 --eth0=tap,192.168.1.2,192.168.1.1 -k
./openwrt-uml-vmlinux -m openwrt-uml-ext2.img --verbose --con0=xterm
--con1=xterm --append=root=98:0 --append=init=/etc/preinit

is possibile to have --append -k and -m options also in the lab.conf file ??

is anyone from the Netkit developing team here in Berlin at the CCC ?

Saverio