[Netkit.users] OpenWRT UML integrated into Netkit - Live

Massimo Rimondini rimondin at dia.uniroma3.it
Tue Dec 29 14:35:44 CET 2009

Dear Saverio,

> Massimo this time everything works, no weird problems with tap
> interfaces, and I managed to compile for UML the 8.09.1 stable version
> of OpenWRT.

Well, this sounds weird but... so much the better for now :-)

> vstart test -M 32 --eth0=tap,192.168.1.2,192.168.1.1 -k
> ./openwrt-uml-vmlinux -m openwrt-uml-ext2.img --verbose --con0=xterm
> --con1=xterm --append=root=98:0 --append=init=/etc/preinit
>
> is possibile to have --append -k and -m options also in the lab.conf file
> ??

The options you mention are already usable from the lab.conf file. All you
need to do is to put them in square brackets and assign them a value. For
example:
test[k]=./openwrt-uml-vmlinux
test[m]=openwrt-uml-ext2.img
test[append]=root=98:0

> is anyone from the Netkit developing team here in Berlin at the CCC ?

Unfortunately not. In a certain sense, it seems that you are our only
representative ;-)

Cheers,
Massimo.