[Netkit.users] machine not correctly starting if in a lab

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Wed Dec 3 20:12:16 CET 2008

Hi,

  I've just started playing with netkit and I'm really impressed  ;-)
  thanks for the vry nice job!

  I'm stuck while trying to use a self made image 'argo': it starts ok as a
  single machine:

     vstart -m /usr/share/netkit/fs/argo argo

  but if I add it in a laboratory as in:

     sd[0]="A"
     sd[mem]=32

     argo[0]="A"
     argo[mem]=64
     argo[model-fs]=/usr/share/netkit/fs/argo

  it does not detach correctly from the tty I'm using and machine 'sd' that
  should will not be started. To be more clear: the machine arrives to the
  prompt and I can log in but the tty is still busy as if it did not start
  in background, while machine 'sd' (standard netkit image) does (normally,
  not if argo starts before).

  when starting lstart prints:

  Starting "argo" with options "-q --eth0 "A" --mem=64
    --model-fs=/usr/share/netkit/fs/argo --hostlab=/home/sandro/mynetkit/lab1
    --hostwd=/home/sandro/mynetkit/lab1"...

  that in fact are correct parameters. Any hints?

  Thanks
  sandro
  *:-)

--