[Netkit.users] machine not correctly starting if in a lab

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Thu Dec 4 16:01:49 CET 2008

>   it does not detach correctly from the tty I'm using and machine 'sd' that
>   should will not be started. To be more clear: the machine arrives to the
>   prompt and I can log in but the tty is still busy as if it did not start
>   in background, while machine 'sd' (standard netkit image) does (normally,
>   not if argo starts before).

ok, looking at the lstart script I see it waits until name.ready exists, and
my fs image does not create it. And in the netkit images this is done by the
initialization scripts /etc/init.d/netkit*

Further investigating show that also the capability of copying files from
the machine directory depends on the same scripts.

Now it works very well and I can go on creating some labs. Good.

I suggest to add a note in the netkit-filesystem manual and in the netkit
lstart manual command warning that laboratories do depend on these scripts.

sandro
*:-)

--
Sandro Dentella  *:-)