[Netkit.users] error: Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(98,1)

Pietro Rango p.rango a mat.unical.it
Gio 12 Gen 2006 13:02:57 CET

Hi,
I'm a network administrator and i use a nis server with /home in nfs.
 From a loca installation i don't have any problems but from a nis
client with an nfs /home and the netkit home in /home/netkit2 if i try
to start a machine with vstart pc1 it start.
But if I close it and try to restart it I receive this error:
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(98,1)

I don't undestand why.

Thanks.