[Netkit.users] Trouble to run full script on Netkit4TIC.iso

Massimo Rimondini maxonthenet a tiscali.it
Lun 6 Giu 2005 13:00:32 CEST

Hi Luciano,

as you probably already know, the Netkit4TIC live distribution is
maintained by Sandro Doro, whose address you can find at
http://www.tic.fdns.net/tic/html/lab.html.

However, this question is probably more related to the general use of
Netkit, so I try to give you an answer.

If you start one VM at a time, you must ensure the VM runs the proper
(network) initialization commands. In order to do this, the best thing
to do is to change the "notifyfinish" function inside the FirewallDMZ
script so that it does not remove .booting files:
notifyfinish()
{
#    rm $1.booting
}

By doing so, every virtual should initialize properly and, at the same
time, new virtual machines are just started upon your request (i.e., as
soon as you delete the last .booting file).

Is this what you are doing?

Regards,
Massimo.