[Netkit.users] First official release of Netkit-NG

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:16:21 CEST 2014

Hello Julien,

I am using your release. I found a possible problem. It is a know
problem, look here:
https://answers.launchpad.net/marionnet/+question/148329

I modified a lot the netkit filesystem, mounting it with the -W
option. My virtual machines got extermely slow.  This you enable in
the netkit kernel this option:

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_UBD_SYNC

It should fix the problem:

I cannot check myself because the file /proc/config.gz is not
existent. I suggest to enable that too.
Btw I checked here:
https://github.com/kartoch/netkit-uml-kernel/blob/master/netkit-kernel-config-x86_64

and looks like CONFIG_BLK_DEV_UBD_SYNC is not enabled right ?

thanks

Saverio