[Netkit.users] Clarification about the contributions process ?

Julien Iguchi-Cartigny julien.iguchi-cartigny at lifl.fr
Wed May 8 21:15:57 CEST 2013

Hello,

It seems the netkit repositories are mostly dead:

- they are already a lot of issues ready to be closed and several pull
request waiting but since two years no updates.
- for the netkit-uml-filesystem it is now un-buildable: the debootstrap
is definitively broken on sid.

I've spend some time to bring a new version of netkit-core, trying to
merge the works of several contributor branches. But because it seems
the activity on the repositories by the netkit team is close to zero, I
don't see any reason to continue to improve this software.

So it would be great to know what is the status of the netkit
development, and see what we can do about it. Some options could be to
open the main repositories to external contributors and give to them the
ability to close pull request and issues...

Regards.

Julien