[Netkit.users] netkit - aggiungere file alle macchine virtuali

Massimo Rimondini rimondin at dia.uniroma3.it
Mon Nov 26 23:04:34 CET 2012

Hi,

there is a built-in behavior of Netkit which is probably not-so-well
documented: if you stop a lab using lhalt, then add/change files that
are supposed to be copied inside virtual machines, then start the lab
again, the new files are *not* made available inside virtual machines.

This happens because virtual machines fetch these files only upon first
boot. Since using lhalt to stop the lab preserves .disk files, upon
subsequent lab startups virtual machines "know" that they have been
booted at least once, and do not fetch their own configuration files. To
work this around, you can use lclean to get rid of .disk files before
restarting the lab, or just lcrash (advised) which automatically removes
.disk files and adds the advantage of a faster shutdown.

Regards,
Massimo