[Netkit.users] version GLIBC_2.0 not defined

Massimo Rimondini rimondin at dia.uniroma3.it
Tue Jan 25 10:06:48 CET 2011

Dear Adrian and Luca,

I too was guessing the problem to be taking place under Ubuntu 10.10,
but I would have expected a slightly different kind of error:

> ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/getpagesize.c:32: __getpagesize: Assertion
> `_rtld_global_ro._dl_pagesize != 0' failed.

However, if this is the case, there is a better workaround than
downgrading :-)
You just need to install the uml-utilities package from the standard
Ubuntu repository. After that, the problem should be solved. If it is
not, you may have to tweak your PATH environment variable to consider
system-wide binary locations (i.e., /bin/, /usr/bin/, etc.) before
Netkit's, or it may simply be a matter of flushing the shell's command
hash table ("hash -r" or simply close the shell and open a new one).

I'm still unsure about whether this can solve your problem, but it is
worth trying.

Regards,
Massimo.