[Netkit.users] version GLIBC_2.0 not defined

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 00:01:28 CET 2011

Hi all,

I installed netkit some months ago. Version numbers are the latest.
I used it many times, also with tap interface, successfully.

Today I tried "vstart pc1 --eth0=tap,10.0.0.1,10.0.0.2" and got this error:
Setting up tunnel...			tunctl: relocation error:
/lib/libnss_compat.so.2: symbol strcmp, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined
in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

I can launch a normal guest. Only when using tunctl the problem arises.
I cannot tell when exactly the problem started. I did not use "tap" recently.

What's going on?

--Luca