[Netkit.users] Wake-On-LAN in Netkit

Massimo Rimondini rimondin at dia.uniroma3.it
Tue Oct 19 17:30:51 CEST 2010

Dear Adrian,

I confirm what you have said. Most likely, the only way would be to
write a kernel hack that brings the interface back up once a magic
packet is detected. But you would need the affected virtual machine to
be already running in order to detect the packet. Or, alternatively, you
could modify the uml_switch code to automatically bring up a virtual
machine once a specific magic packet mapped to that machine is intercepted.

Regards,
Massimo.