[Netkit.users] lstart does not work after upgrade (to netkit 2.7)

Adrian van Dongen adrianvandongen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 15:33:33 CET 2010

Massimo,

My fault they do indeed start. I thought it didnt work because a tap
interface did not come up and then I saw the errors and I assumed the two
where related. So i checked my configuration I found a typo... So that comes
to show once again:

When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.”

;-)

I do still have a problem when I use lab.dep. The "gateway" virtual machine
needs to boot first, then the nameserver and then the rest. But when I
create a lab.dep file I get the following error on the gateway machine (it
has a tun/tap interface):

*su: must be run from a terminal*

It then skips that virtual machine but seeing the following virtual machines
do not have internet acces via the tap/tun interface of the gateway vm they
take forever to boot (the scripts I execute on boot need internet access).

Is this also because of the ubuntu default shell ?

Regards,

Adrian.

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Massimo Rimondini <rimondin at dia.uniroma3.it