[Netkit.users] Kerberos Support

Massimo Rimondini rimondin at dia.uniroma3.it
Thu Mar 18 10:32:45 CET 2010

Dear Julien,

we have added the packages you requested to our todo queue for the next
release.

> - if the policy is to included more and more libs and progs, it would
> offer a lot of choice for users but will give a huge archive
> - if the policy is to have a minimal core (more network-oriented) it
> requires no work but each user will have to adapt the fs to his needs
> - maybe a intermediate solutions: offering several versions of the fs..
>
> What is your opinion ?

I would be more oriented towards the last solution. However, since it
involves additional maintenance effort, I would deem it worth only for
"filesystem setups" that differ significantly (for example, an
MPLS-enabled fs against a plain one), not just for different package
assemblies. It is a matter of fact that users can always have their
specific needs and require installing packages on their own.

> Cheers,
>
> Julien.

Cheers,
Massimo.