[Netkit.users] shell-style expansion of paths in lab.conf

Massimo Rimondini rimondin at dia.uniroma3.it
Fri Jun 11 11:07:21 CEST 2010

Dear Ashish,

there is no way to apply shell expansion to the contents of lab.conf
using standard Netkit tools, but you can by applying the attached patch
to your $NETKIT_HOME/bin/lcommon.

Please notice that, due to the way the shell performs expansion, the
tilde will still fail to be correctedly interpreted when used in
conjunction with long command-line options. Therefore, in order to
obtain what you need, you would use instead:

> pc1[m]=~/mystuff/my-modified-netkit-fs

or:

> pc1[model-fs]=$HOME/mystuff/my-modified-netkit-fs

Regards,
Massimo.