[Netkit.users] Xorp

Richard Nelson richardn at cs.waikato.ac.nz
Wed Feb 17 02:00:11 CET 2010

Massimo Rimondini wrote:
> Dear Richard,
>
>  Keep in mind that Xorp can only write in
> directories owned by the xorp user. By default, only /tmp is writable by
> all users, and that is where you can temporarily put your configuration
> files for experimentation. If you want to use a more "stable" directory,
> create one on your own and change its ownership to xorp.

Thankyou so much. This is the bit that I didn't know.   I changed
ownership on the directory I was using and it all worked.  Can you tell
me where this requirement is documented?  Obviously it is something I
missed and it would be good to check if there are other things I missed.
> We do not yet have a lab describing the usage of Xorp (of course,
> contributions are welcome!)

Sure, I'll let you know how I get on.

> In the meantime, you can refer to the official documentation for more
> details on its operation:
> http://www.xorp.org/releases/current/docs/user_manual/user_manual.pdf.

I have that, thanks.

Richard.