[Netkit.users] Netem on netkit

Massimo Rimondini rimondin at dia.uniroma3.it
Tue Feb 16 11:48:14 CET 2010

Dear Giovambattista,

try using the same command but replacing the tc executable with "orig-tc".
Netem is actually compiled in the current Netkit kernel. You can check
it in the configuration file available online
(http://wiki.netkit.org/download/netkit-kernel/netkit-kernel-config-i386-K2.8)
or inside a virtual machine:

> pc1:~# zgrep NETEM /proc/config.gz
> CONFIG_NET_SCH_NETEM=y

However, there seem to be problems with some iproute commands that are
imported from the MPLS Linux project. That is why we also provide their
original releases from Debian packages, with their name prefixed by "orig-".

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Massimo.