[Netkit.users] Announcement: Netkit release
rimondin at dia.uniroma3.it
Thu Nov 26 17:56:20 CET 2009
Dear Netkit users,
it's been a while since the last release, but at last we made it!
We have just released a maintenance version that fixes most of the bugs
you have been signaling us over time (thank you for your valuable
contributions!) and introduces some interesting new features that
hopefully will make the emulation experience more comfortable.
The upgrade affects the core, the filesystem, and the kernel, but major
improvements are definitely in the core. Among the most interesting ones:
- Fixed a longstanding bug affecting the setup of tap interfaces.
- Enabled the use of sudo (read: passwordless setup of virtual machines
with tap interfaces).
- Slightly faster and more stable startup of multiple virtual machines
(achieved by bypassing the port-helper).
- Command line completion for bash users, including options, option
arguments, collision domain names.
- Improved ltest (eases scripted testing of several labs).
- Added documentation about resizing the filesystem.
For more information, and to get the new release, refer to the downloads
Happy emulation! :-)
The Netkit Team.
More information about the Netkit.users