[Netkit.users] OpenWRT UML integrated into Netkit

Massimo Rimondini rimondin at dia.uniroma3.it
Fri Dec 11 15:41:35 CET 2009

Hi Saverio,

>  * Now in ~/.netkit/hubs/vhubs.log I see the following:
>
> 29 2009/12/11 15:31:43         saverio
> /home/saverio/.netkit/hubs/vhub_saverio_tap.cnct send_sock sending to
> fd 4 Resource temporarily unavailable

This should be normal: it is due to the uml_switch being unable to send
traffic to a just-dead machine.

> any hints to go on ?

Well, very few indeed. The other suggestions I have given in my previous
email still apply, but I am not too confident in their usefulness. Maybe
looking at kernel messages might help? Do echo requests initiated by the
host succeed in reaching the virtual machine? Or maybe this is something
OpenWRT-specific, but right now I cannot test whether this is the case.
The really strange thing is that, from the point of view of the virtual
machine, there is very little difference (not to say none at all)
between vm-to-vm and vm-to-host communication.

> Saverio

Cheers,
Massimo.