[Netkit.users] How to better sniff traffic in Netkit?

Massimo Rimondini rimondin at dia.uniroma3.it
Wed Dec 9 15:14:58 CET 2009

Dear Marco,

I was about to point you to Julien's patch, which is the best way of
obtaining what you asked for.

As for the configuration of network interfaces, the reason why we
settled on currently offered options and automatisms is that we did not
want to trade simplicity of usage for flexibility of configuration.
After all, one of the main goals of Netkit is to provide an easy to use
interface to User-Mode Linux, setup of network interfaces, networking
software, etc., and exposing all the functions of these components to
the user would defeat this goal.

However, I agree with you that the configuration of network interfaces
should be made more flexible. This is something we plan to work on,
likely by taking advantage of VDE as you have mentioned.

Regards,
Massimo.