[Netkit.users] Can not start virtual machine with tap interface within a lab - su: must be run in a terminal

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) zioproto at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 15:46:01 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to use the following lab:

https://minerva.netgroup.uniroma2.it/discreet/browser/torlab/trunk/lab-tor

whenever I try to start the dns machine with the following two lines

dns[0]="net"
dns[eth1]=tap,10.0.129.1,10.0.129.3

The lab starts but I get a problem with "su"

Starting "dns" with options "-q -M64 --eth0 "net"
--eth1=tap,10.0.129.1,10.0.129.3
--hostlab=/home/saverio/testnetkit/trunk/lab-tor
--hostwd=/home/saverio/testnetkit/trunk/lab-tor"...
su: si deve avviare da un terminale
Error while configuring the tunnel.
Error while starting virtual machine "dns".

The problems seems with "su" that "must be run from a terminal.

I experienced this problem both on Ubuntu 8.04 and on Gentoo Linux
(lastest portage tree)

I already used the tap-not-first.patch

any advice ??

Thank you :)