[Netkit.users] Troubles wih Quagga/RIP

Massimo Rimondini rimondin at dia.uniroma3.it
Wed Oct 22 09:46:02 CEST 2008

Dear Vsevolod,

we are aware of this bug. The reason why it is still there is that we
are working on a new release that also involves the core and the kernel,
and this consumes most of the (limited) development time.

A fix to this will be available in the next version of the filesystem
image. In the meantime, you can work this around by proceeding as follows.
- Start a virtual machine that permanently writes on the filesystem image:
vstart vm -W -m 64
- Inside the virtual machine, edit the file /etc/init.d/quagga (or
zebra, they are just the same file) and change line 24 ('echo
"/var/run/quagga/$1.pid"') into 'echo "/var/$1.pid"'.
- Gracefully shut down the virtual machine by typing 'halt' inside it.

This should solve your problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience and please feel free to come back if you
experience further issues.

Regards,
Massimo.