[Netkit.users] Usage of Netkit

Pedro de las Heras Quirós pheras at gsyc.escet.urjc.es
Fri Dec 19 15:16:18 CET 2008

Dear Massimo,

We have been using Netkit in several courses taught by GSyC department
of Universidad Rey Juan Carlos during the last 4 years.

We use it for teaching in 1st year, 2nd and 4th year courses in CS and
Telecommunications engineering courses.

Examples of assignments taught (you can create a visitor account):
TCP, switching, routing, security. Docs written in spanish, available
for anybody to reuse.
See for example: http://gsyc.escet.urjc.es/moodle/mod/resource/view.php?id=187
and also: http://gsyc.escet.urjc.es/moodle/mod/resource/view.php?id=174&subdir=/Parte-2-NetGUI
and then: http://mobiquo.gsyc.es/labs/IRO

We have developed a simple GUI in Java that we use in our classes
(NetGUI). http://mobiquo.gsyc.es/docs/netgui.pdf

Right now we are developing a web based system so that students can
launch their configurations remotely from the browser in our labs.

In case you want more information feel free to ask us.

Best regards and thank you for your great job.

Best regards,
--
Pedro de las Heras Quirós
Professor, URJC