[Netkit.users] {Disarmed} Re: --eth0=tap, ... + --eth1=A Not working

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Fri Dec 5 15:07:14 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 02:22:05PM +0100, Adrian van Dongen wrote:
> Are you using the latest version of netkit ? There was a bug concerning tap
> devices a while back ago.
>
> Old post of Massimo about the bug:
>
> http://list.dia.uniroma3.it/pipermail/netkit.users/2008-February/000349.html

It's a pity I read this message only when I finished debugging it myself...

Yes I'm using the last version and yes the last version does contain the
bug.

Are there other already resolved bugs? is there a source repository to check
out for up-to-date sources?

sandro

from the download page: We strongly recommend you always use the latest
 version of each component. Using an up-to-date component while leaving the
 others stale may lead to instabilities and/or unpredictable behaviors.