[Netkit.users] NETKIT_HOME & debian package

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Wed Dec 3 21:07:13 CET 2008

Hi,

  I made debian packages for netkit.

  Netkit looks for the environment variable NETKIT_HOME in any script, but
  that's not very handy if you install in debian as it forces users to set
  a variable that points in a well defined place.

  I thought to install in /usr/share/netkit so that it would be nicer to the
  user if that's already the default location for NETKIT_HOME.

  I could add a line in any script:

     NETKIT_HOME=${NETKIT_HOME:-/usr/share/netkit}

  or I could force to read /etc/netkit.conf where such a default could be
  set

  Any suggestion/feeling?

  Both the aforementioned solutions require a patch, are you interested in
  it and in the debian config for the package(s)?

  thanks
  sandro
  *:-)

--