[Netkit.users] stupid fix for ubuntu

Massimo Rimondini rimondin a dia.uniroma3.it
Mar 23 Ott 2007 18:07:44 CEST

Dear Saverio,

we are already aware of this issue (see
http://www.netkit.org/status.html#ubuntu). The reason why it's so
longstanding is that there also are some other goals in our queue which
we would like to reach in future releases.

However, changing the interpreter used by the scripts is the easy way to
achieving full compatibility with Ubuntu: we would rather prefer to
adapt the scripts to gain POSIX compliance, whose lack is the reason why
Ubuntu's default shell breaks things.

Thank you for the suggestion though. :-)

Regards,
Massimo.