[Netkit.users] Creating a custom root_fs

Paolo Gambale gambale a tid.es
Ven 19 Ott 2007 10:55:58 CEST

Actually all my trouble are started trying to put Quagga on Netkit.
To do that i try to mount the filesystem and install the package on that
and when I was trying to open a virtual machine on Netkit the shell
disappear immediately after and if I check on vlist there are not active
vms. For this reason I tried also to create a new filesystem and put
Quagga in that one and I still have the same problem. Then reading the
mailing list I have seen that's probably a problem related with the
kernel of Netkit and for this reason I am trying to do that. The strange
thing that make me confuse it's that I have found written in a paper by
Massimo Rimondini that install Quagga on Netkit it's easy (also if he
doesn't explain why). Therefore what's really important for me it's
being able to install Quagga and this is also the only reason why I'm
trying to change the filesystem and the Kernel.

Any advice to fix my problem?

Thanks

Paolo Gambale		            e-mail: gambale at tid.es
TELEFONICA I+D			    Network Core & Protocols
C/Emilio Vargas 6; 28043 Madrid; Spain