[Netkit.users] Creating a custom root_fs

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) zioproto a gmail.com
Ven 19 Ott 2007 10:39:22 CEST

Hello,

have  a look also at this page:
https://minerva.netgroup.uniroma2.it/discreet/wiki/GentooNetkit

There is a guide on how to compile gentoo-sources for UM target.
I've been working on it for the all night yesterday.

the tutorial il still work in progress, I'll finish it very soon.

what Linux distribution root_fs are you trying to make?

Are you compiling the TFC patched kernel for a particuar reason ?? TFC
is an IPSec kernel module we are developing and is not yet very very
stable.

Maybe you just got confused with the docs and you wanted a vanillla kernel.

Keep in mind the usermode linux people updated the kernel sources as
far as 2.6.19, and I had a successfull compile only with 2.6.19
againsta 2.6.17 headers.

If your host machine hosts newer headers it could be a good idea to
chroot somewhere with older headers.

UM target should not be distributed with latest kernels because it
does not compile... is the kernel soap opera started in 2.6.20 when
the big changes in the header files started, and user mode linux
people decided to do not code anymore until things get stable.

If something I say is not clear.... please make short and specific
questions and I'll try to explain better :)

have a good day everyone :)

Saverio