[Netkit.users] UML kernel versions

Massimo Rimondini rimondin a dia.uniroma3.it
Mar 13 Nov 2007 23:16:30 CET

Thank you Csaba for collecting this information. I can confirm most of
these issues have been addressed in the latest release.

As for the memory amount, you can override the default value by setting
a different one either in the ~/.netkit/netkit.conf file or in the
environment variable NETKIT_MEMORY. However, we were already thinking of
raising the default value to solve some issues with the new kernel. This
change should make into the next release.

You can attempt to disable IPv6 by removing any IPv6 address associated
to the network interfaces, but this may not still be enough. I'm not
sure switching to a kernel module would be a good choice though: IP
routing is something fundamental in Netkit, therefore we chose to enable
it by default. Do you have any specific reason to call for the ability
to completely disable IPv6?

Regards,
Massimo.