[Netkit.users] IPv6 / IP aliasing / VLAN / Participate

Massimo Rimondini rimondin a dia.uniroma3.it
Gio 31 Maggio 2007 22:38:29 CEST

Dear Adrian,

sure it has. Netkit features kernel level support for IPv6 and comes with a
set of basic utilities (e.g., ping6) for generating IPv6 traffic.
To test the support, launch a virtual machine with a network interface and
run "ifconfig lo" inside it: you should notice an IPv6 address has been
assigned to the loopback interface along with the IPv4 one.

Regards,
Massimo.

________________________________

	From: netkit.users-bounces a list.dia.uniroma3.it
[mailto:netkit.users-bounces a list.dia.uniroma3.it] On Behalf Of Adrian van
Dongen
	Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 1:16 PM
	To: Users of the Netkit Network Emulation System
	Subject: Re: [Netkit.users] IPv6 / IP aliasing / VLAN / Participate

	Dear Massimo,

	Small question, all thought there is no case lab for IPv6 does
netkit have support for IPv6 build in ?

	Regards,

	Adrian.

	On 1/20/07, Massimo Rimondini <rimondin a dia.uniroma3.it> wrote:

		Dear Renaud and Adrian (this replies to both),

		I'm sorry to tell you that we still haven't prepared labs
for the case studies you suggest (IPv6, IP aliasing, VLAN).
		You may also have already realized that at present Netkit
does not provide a "contributions" area for the labs. There are plans to
officially support this in the future, but for the moment all I can say is
that contributions are welcome and can be discussed on this mailing list.

		And thank you very much for your proposal to provide support
on translations.

		Best,
		Massimo Rimondini.

		Renaud Leroy wrote:

			Hi,

			I just want to thanks all of you first, who
participate elaborating
			Netkit, i'm trying to learn (Socrates Quotation:
True knowledge exists
			in knowing that you know nothing.) actually and i
want to test in netkit

			these scenarii:

			- IP Aliasing
			- VLAN

			so my questions are:

			1\ Before i'll be as experienced to make my own
labs, anyone has made
			any labs (ideally) or pdfs/links to cover these
scenarii as good as they

			are explained in the labs i saw.

			2\ Is there a collaborative website that regroup all
the labs the users
			have made ? I can participate in
managing/helping/participating on my
			side to it.

			3\ If you need some traduction Italian <--> French
of some documents i

			have one persone of my family that can do it (if it
help).

			Thanks in advance !

			Best Regards.

			Saluti !

			Renaud.

		Adrian van Dongen wrote:

			Hi,

			Did anyone make a IPv6 lab ? I am playing  arround
with ip6 and a custom lab would help out.

			Thanx in advance