[Netkit.users] Re: Problems with Netkit2 on Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn)

Adrian van Dongen adrianvandongen a gmail.com
Lun 28 Maggio 2007 16:38:35 CEST

Hi

It seems I was just a bit to quick with posting my bug. The bug is as stated
on the netkit site related to the fact that /bin/sh is symlinked to
/bin/dash.

Explanation about Dash

"dash" is a POSIX compliant shell that is much smaller than "bash". We take
advantage of that by making it the shell on the installation root floppy,
where space is at a premium.

The workaround on the netkit site should work but there is a proper
workaround. I found that there are more people in the ubtuntu community that
are experiencing problems with the dash shell. Therefore they have posted a
proper workaround on there site:

sudo update-alternatives --install /bin/sh sh /bin/bash 1
sudo update-alternatives --config sh

( source: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dash/+bug/71887 )

This links /bin/sh to /bin/bash. After changing this all works well.

Sorry that is was so quick on posting.
Adrian van Dongen