[Netkit.users] Resize Filesystem problem

Bertolucci Nicola nicola.bertolucci a gmail.com
Ven 26 Gen 2007 12:15:13 CET

Hi all
I tried to resize filesystem like I read in your thread on December, and
exactaly like this:
#dd if=/dev/zero of=netkit-fs-F2.2 bs=1 count=1 seek=4G conv=notrunc
#losetup -o 16384 /dev/loop0 netkit-fs-F2.2
#e2fsck -f /dev/loop0
#resize2fs -p /dev/loop0
#losetup -d /dev/loop0

and when I start the vm i have:

*INIT: version 2.86 booting
*>* Activating swap.
*>* Checking root file system...
*>* fsck 1.37 (21-Mar-2005)
*>* /dev/ubd/disc0/part1: The filesystem size (according to the
*>* superblock) is 1048572 blocks
*>* The physical size of the device is 153596 blocks
*>* Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
*>*
*>*
*>* /dev/ubd/disc0/part1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
*>*         (i.e., without -a or -p options)
*>*
*>* fsck failed.  Please repair manually and reboot.  Please note
*>* that the root file system is currently mounted read-only.  To
*>* remount it read-write:
*>*
*>*    # mount -n -o remount,rw /
*>*
*>* CONTROL-D will exit from this shell and REBOOT the system.
*>*
*>* Give root password for maintenance
*>* (or type Control-D to continue):*

In your last mail you said me that the missing step is to update the
partition table inside

netkit-fs-F2.2 with fdisk /dev/loop0,I tried to do tath and this time
when I start the vm i have:

EXT2-fs error (device ubda1): ext2_get_inode: unable to read inode block - inode
=76815, block=163844
INIT: version 2.86 booting
Activating swap.
Checking root file system...
EXT2-fs error (device ubda1): ext2_get_inode: unable to read inode block - inode
=76815, block=163844
fsck 1.40-WIP (14-Nov-2006)
/dev/ubd/disc0/part1: The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 10485
72 blocks
The physical size of the device is 153596 blocks
Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!

/dev/ubd/disc0/part1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
        (i.e., without -a or -p options)

fsck failed.  Please repair manually and reboot.  Please note
that the root file system is currently mounted read-only.  To
remount it read-write:

   # mount -n -o remount,rw /

CONTROL-D will exit from this shell and REBOOT the system.

This is the same error, but it change the first line:

EXT2-fs error (device ubda1): ext2_get_inode: unable to read inode block - inode
=76815, block=163844

When I tried to mount the fs,it's all ok,I can install all programs that i
want,i have update  & upgrade
 but nothing to do,when I start the vm i receive the same error.
Can you help me?
Is there an another missing step or else?
thanks for all
Nicola