[Netkit.users] tap device

Robert Sebunnya rsebunya a dicts.mak.ac.ug
Mer 3 Gen 2007 15:37:12 CET

Thanks , it all seems to be working.I was not allowing routing from the host
machine to the virtual machine that was why I was not getting to it.
Well now that the routing is set up all seems to work fine and I am the
happiest networker this year.
Thanks again.

Massimo Rimondini writes:

> Hi Robert, and sorry for the delay.
>
> Permissions for the tun device are automatically set by the Netkit scripts,
> hence you shouldn't have to care about them.
> Could you please provide some more details about your configuration?
>
> Also, the scripts should take care of creating some entries in iptables
> chains. You may check the output of iptables -L and iptables -t nat -L
> before and after starting the virtual machine to make sure this is actually
> happening.
>
> Regards,
> Massimo.

Robert Sebunnya