[Netkit.users] Setting Multicast address on eth0

Massimo Rimondini rimondin a dia.uniroma3.it
Sab 14 Apr 2007 16:41:26 CEST

Deat simha,

based on what you are reporting, I propose the following suggestions:
1) check the routing tables of the virtual machines (routes for multicast
datagrams should be set);
2) download the new filesystem release from
http://www.netkit.org/download/netkit-filesystem/netkit-filesystem-F3.0a.tar
.bz2, which includes tools that enable support for multicast routing (e.g.,
mrouted).

Hope this helps,
Massimo.

________________________________

	From: netkit.users-bounces a list.dia.uniroma3.it
[mailto:netkit.users-bounces a list.dia.uniroma3.it] On Behalf Of
Lakshminarasimhan Naveenam
	Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:41 PM
	To: netkit.users a list.dia.uniroma3.it
	Subject: [Netkit.users] Setting Multicast address on eth0

	Hi,
	   I need a UML m/c configuration as follows:-

	m/c1 - eth0: 10.1.1.2
	m/c2 - eth0:10.1.1.3

	They are in the same collision domain so I can set the eth0
interface collision domain to "A" in the lab.conf file.

	An application in both the UML instances need to do a MULTI CAST
join on the multi-cast address 225.0.0.37.
	The application does a setsockopt(.., IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP..)

	subseqently the app does a sendto on the multicast address.
	Currently when I run the app I get a "Network un-reachable error"
	How do I configure the lab.conf so that the multicast is enabled in
the UML instances?
	I have enabled the MULTICAST and MULTICAST ROUTING support in the
UML kernel build.

	Thanks,
	simha.