[Netkit.users] Setting Multicast address on eth0

Lakshminarasimhan Naveenam lsimhan05 a gmail.com
Mer 11 Apr 2007 16:41:10 CEST

Hi,
   I need a UML m/c configuration as follows:-

m/c1 - eth0: 10.1.1.2
m/c2 - eth0:10.1.1.3

They are in the same collision domain so I can set the eth0 interface
collision domain to "A" in the lab.conf file.

An application in both the UML instances need to do a MULTI CAST join on the
multi-cast address 225.0.0.37.
The application does a setsockopt(.., IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP..)

subseqently the app does a sendto on the multicast address.
Currently when I run the app I get a "Network un-reachable error"
How do I configure the lab.conf so that the multicast is enabled in the UML
instances?
I have enabled the MULTICAST and MULTICAST ROUTING support in the UML kernel
build.

Thanks,
simha.