[Netkit.users] Netkit filesystem

Paolo Carpo paolomj a tiscali.it
Lun 18 Set 2006 11:23:51 CEST

Hi all,

thanks one more time for the answer, but, as you can guess, I have other
question ready for you Mr Rimondini :)
I would like to use a new filesystem with netkit (too many new application to
integrate). I read the man page, but when I try to use it I get:

Kernel panic - not syncing VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(98,1)

Is it a kernel problem, or is there something wrong with my filesystem?
The filesystem was made with these commands:

dd if=/dev/zero of=ubuntu count=1 bs=1k seek=$[2*1024*1024]

mkfs.ext3 ubuntu

mount -o loop ubuntu /mnt/ubuntu

debootstrap --arch i386 dapper /mnt/ubuntu
http://archive.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu

FSTAB configuration

	/dev/ubd0	/	ext3	defaults	0 1
	proc		/proc	proc	defaults	0 0

In /mnt/ubntu/dev

	mknod --mode=660 ubd0 b 98 0
	chown root:disk ubd0

If I run it not with netkit it works perfectly...

Thank you a lot,

	Paolo Carpo