R: [Netkit.users] Accesing Internet from a virtual machine

Gianni Costanzi gianni.costanzi a gmail.com
Ven 8 Set 2006 23:29:22 CEST

> I configured the DNS, but I conrtinue with the same problem. Also I don't
> know why the real machine can't reach the virtual machine, for example if I
> do this:

Perhaps you have a firewall on the real host which blocks incoming
PING requests (while it accepts PONG replies, as it usually happens)..
try to shut down iptables (supposing you are using it as firewall)
with "/etc/init.d/iptables stop" and ping from the virtual host.. if
it works, restart iptables and add a rule to allow incoming data from
the virtual machine with this command:

iptables -I INPUT 1 -s 10.0.0.2 -j ACCEPT

Hope it helps (btw, did you receive my other replay about your problem
or did it get lost?)

Bye,
Gianni