[Netkit.users] Simple question

Massimo Rimondini rimondin a dia.uniroma3.it
Ven 3 Mar 2006 15:04:23 CET

Dear Gianni,

in principle, you could use resize2fs on the Netkit filesystem, but this
is not the most straightforward way (you have to resize the file
containing the filesystem as well, you have to resize the partition
containing such filesystem, etc.).
The solution you suggested is probably the quickest one.

Mounting the Netkit filesystem as a loopback device is actually
possible. However, since the file that comes with Netkit also contains a
partition table, the filesystem can only be accessed if you mount it
with a particular offset. Instructions for doing that are provided
inside the man page "netkit-filesystem" in the section "MOUNTING A
NETKIT FILESYSTEM".

Regards,
Massimo Rimondini.