R: [Netkit.users] Problems with Netkit on powerpc

Massimo Rimondini rimondin a dia.uniroma3.it
Mar 18 Ott 2005 11:25:52 CEST

Hi Stefano,

I'm afraid you're in bad luck. Such message ("cannot execute binary file")
is an evidence of the fact that the kernel supplied with Netkit is an ELF
binary, that is, not compatible with binary formats your host kernel would
expect.

Moreover, the Netkit kernel has been compiled on an i386 architecture, i.e.,
using a compiler (gcc) producing i386 (and not PowerPC) targeted
executables.

All things considered, I think the best trial would be to compile the Netkit
kernel on your own. Documentation about this is provided in the man page
"netkit-kernel". If you choose to go along this way and require further
support, let me know.

Regards,
Massimo.