R: [Netkit.users] only one access at a time?

Massimo Rimondini rimondin a dia.uniroma3.it
Sab 19 Nov 2005 17:25:41 CET

Hi Miguel,

I'm not sure I have actually catched your problem. Netkit virtual machines
can be "made" multiuser exactly the same way as you would on real hosts.
That is, use the "adduser" command to add the desired user accounts.
But is it that useful? Perhaps what you really want to achieve is to have
different consoles on the same machine, enabling you to perform several
simultaneous operations (regardless of the user identity). You can do this
by using either one of the following methods:
- launch "screen" inside a virtual machine and you get as many consoles as
you want; to get help about keyboard shortcuts to be used to switch from a
console to another, use [Ctrl+A, ?];
- use the --con1 option of vstart; this allows you to get an additional
window on the same virtual machine.

Regards,
Massimo.