[Netkit.users] only one access at a time? (to the virtual surroundings)

Massimo Rimondini rimondin a dia.uniroma3.it
Lun 5 Dic 2005 12:38:47 CET

Hi Miguel,

I guess your problem is to allow different users to simultaneously
access virtual machines from an external network.

The situation is as follows.
Virtual machines can be connected to the external world by using "tap"
collision domains (see the man page of vstart for more information about
how this can be done). However, this connection is implemented in such a
way that virtual machines are "hidden" by NAT. That is, they can access
the external world but you are prevented from easily locating them from
the outside.
A reasonable solution to this would be to allow users to access the host
machine on which Netkit virtual machines are being run. This would
enable them to reach every virtual machine with the "guest address" you
have used on the vstart command line.

Regards,
Massimo.