[Netkit.users] R: install problem on Mandrake 10.0

Massimo Rimondini maxonthenet a tiscali.it
Lun 1 Ago 2005 11:33:14 CEST

Hi DD,

thank you for reporting the problem. It happens to be due to a misplaced
check inside check_configuration.sh, which treats
{port-helper,tunctl,uml_mconsole,uml_switch} as standard system tools while
they are not (they are part of the Netkit distribution).

You do not need to install any packet. The only thing you need to do is to
set the PATH environment variable properly:

export PATH=$NETKIT_HOME/bin:$PATH

This will suppress the check_configuration.sh warning as well.

We will fix this as soon as possible. Thank you again for pointing this out.

Goodbye,
Massimo.