[Netkit.users] Notes on various labs

Francesco Cipriani f.cipriani a inwind.it
Mer 27 Ott 2004 00:32:20 CEST

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 02:00:44PM +0200, Jaap Keuter wrote:

[..]
> In the course of doing the labs though, I found some irregularities in
> some of the files, which the users should be aware of.
> Maybe these remarks can be added to the KNOWN_BUGS.txt file.
[.,]

I can add that in the dns lab, page 7 of the pdf, the last field of the
SOA record is not the "default ttl", but the "negative cache", as
specified in the RFC 2308.
The default ttl can now be set using the $TTL directive at the beginning
of the zone file (at least using BIND).
A previous RFC stated that the last field of the SOA RR was the default
ttl, but it was superseded by RFC 2308.
I think dns scripts should be updated too to correct this "error".

Regards,
--
Francesco Cipriani